Lifeline is committed to raising the awareness of Domestic and Family Violence and is holding a public Awareness session.
DV-alert awareness sessions are two-hour interactive presentation where individuals and groups can talk about the issue of domestic violence and what they can do to help make a difference.
By the end of the awareness session you will confidently:
• Identify the different signs and forms of abuse that constitute domestic and family violence
• Familiarise themselves with the Cycle of violence and Duluth wheels – power and control, equality and empowerment
• Reflect on and share what they can do if they know someone who is experiencing domestic and family violence
• Have an opportunity to network with other individuals
• Receive tools and references for domestic and family violence support and referral
For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14
If life is in danger, call 000